Street 11 , Mondul I , Siem Reap, Cambodia ( Between Old market and Pub Street)
(+855)063 900 027
(+855)95 727 281
A floating village on the northern reaches of the Tonle Sap, Mechrey is not the loveliest spot in the world, but it offers some great bird-spotting opportunities, as well as a chance to witness a unique way of life for those who live on the lake.
Mechrey is on the borders of Puok district, to the west of Siem Reap, and the journey there is in fact far lovelier than the destination.
A community-based tourism station is at the edge of a long, human-built canal that connects with the Kambot River, which flows out into the Tonle Sap. Here communities mainly fish for a living from the ever-dwindling stocks of fish.
The establishment of initiatives such as the one at Mechrey can’t strictly be called ecotourism, although it does give people alternatives to fishing as a source of income. But they are an opportunity to witness an extraordinary way of life that is also under threat, and to clock up some lovely birdlife.The tour itself starts off in a pretty smelly artificial canal which you travel along for about a kilometre until the waterway opens out on to the main river and the floating village.
1. Tour Summary
- Meychrey floating village
- Ox cart visiting village floating village community
2. Tour Detail Inforamtion
- Price 28$ per person
- Child price (6 years to 12 years charge 50% ,Under 6 year free of charge)
- Tour Duration ( 2 departure a day)
- Morning at 8:30am-12:30pm
-Afternoon at 2:30pm-6:30pm
- Pick up 1 hour before departure time
3. The Include service in the tour price
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Boat ticket
- English speaking tour guide
- One bottle of water
4. The Exclude Service in the tour price
-Please be ready 1 hour before departure time for pick-up service. This is a shared tour.